- We may collect the following types of data from you:
- Email address
- Telephone Number
- Your order history
- Your payment details are not stored by us and are submitted directly to our third-party payment providers via a 128-bit encrypted connection.
- You agree to provide Personal Data which is in all respects true, accurate and up to date and is not, in any respect, misleading, deceptive or inaccurate or likely to mislead or deceive.
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to collect information about how our customers use this site. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- Our details are:
- Roastbeef & Frog – Chemin des Mollieres – 74290 Menthon Saint Bernard – France
Our use of your data
- Roastbeef & Frog is committed to integrity and professionalism in all areas of its services and therefore we take our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) very seriously. We will use reasonable endeavours to protect your privacy and ensure that Personal Data (as defined in the Act) is used only for the purposes below.
- In the unlikely event that a liquidator, administrator or receiver is appointed over us or all or any part of our assets, that insolvency practitioner may transfer your information to a third party purchaser of the business provided that purchaser undertakes to use your information for the same purposes as set out in this policy.
- We undertake not to provide your Personal Data to third parties save in accordance with this policy.
- We undertake to take reasonable steps, including the implementation of security policies, rules and technical measures, necessary to protect the Personal Data that we have under our control from unauthorised access, improper use and disclosure, unauthorised destruction or accidental loss.
- Although we will do our best to protect your data, transmission of data over the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site, and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your data we will use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access.
- You may ask us whether we are storing personal information about you by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org and if you wish we will provide you with a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you by email. For your protection we may ask for proof of your identity before providing any information and reserve the right to refuse to provide information requested if your identity is not established to our satisfaction.
- While we hold your Personal Data, we may contact you for the purposes of ensuring your Personal Data is up to date. We encourage you to provide full Personal Data and you may at any time inform us of any incorrect or out of date details so that we can provide the best possible service.
EU GDPR Relevant Policy
We want to make your shopping experience with us as seamless and relevant as possible. To do this, we use varies pieces of data to personalise our service and messaging to you. Below we will outline:
- a) The different ways we collect your data
- b) What we do with the information we collect
- c) The choices you have about your data
- d) How and when we share your information
- e) How long we store your information
- f) Our policy on childrens information
- g) Your options
Your GDPR status
I am opted in
a) The different ways we collect your data
In a nut shell: We collect 2 types of data from you. Personal data like delivery address to enable us to fulfil our service. Behavioural data to better improve our service to you, which we will only collect if you Opt In.
When you register with Roastbeef & Frog, you give us details such as your name and delivery information. This is to make your shopping experience quicker and easier when it comes to checking out.
We ask for your contact details to alert you via email for the following actions
- Order Confirmation
- Order dispatch
- TrustPilot – a few days after ordering we will follow up via an automated process. This is an aftercare service.
- Should you choose to register, we will ask you to confirm your email address via email
Whenever you use a website, app or any other service online, certain information gets logged automatically. This data is useful in optimising your experience. We collect
- Web logs – this is used for server administration.
Transaction processing requires us to capture billing and delivery information for us to carry out our service.
- Invoice information stored for accounting purposed
- Delivery information stored for delivery
- Payment information such as credit/debit card is captures by the payment provider (Sagepay/Paypal). We never hold your payment details.
Information you choose to give us
Should you opt in, we collect your email address for email marketing.
b) What we do with the information we collect
In a nutshell: We use your data to better improve the service for the user
The information we collect from you is used to improve the service and your experience with us. We have a legitimate interest in using your information in these ways as they improve the service for the end user. Below are the ways we use your information.
- Provide customer service
c) Choices you have about your data
In a nutshell: We allow full control over how your data is used. We provide the tools to restrict how much of your data we process or if you want it deleted all together.
You can modify your personal data (First name, Last name, Address) in the My Account section of the website. Having an account with us is not compulsory so if you choose to not have this data stored with us, then you can simply not make an account with us. The only time your personal data will be stored is outlined in this policy in section a.
Right to be forgotten
If you no longer want your information to be held by British Corner Shop, you can request that we erase your information and close your account. Please note that if you choose to do so:
- We may retain some information for legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection.
- We may retain some payment information for as legal obligations, such as tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations.
Please email the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com to begin the process of erasing your data.
How and when we share information
It is necessary to share and transfer data, both internally and externally. Below are the ways in which we do this:
When you purchase from Roastbeef & Frog, we share information with SagePay which is necessary for you to make your purchase.
We have legitimate interest in analysing our websites performance (such as number of visitors and transactions within a given day) to improve our service.
Law Enforcement or Government Agencies
We only share information if we believe the disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request.
d) How long we hold your information
We hold your information only so long as we need it to provide our service to you. We will hold your transactional information for up to 5 years for tax/auditing.
e) Our policy on childrens information
You need to be over 18 to use this service.
f) Your Options
Under the new policy, you have options about your information which are listed below. You will need to contact us to have some of this processed.
- Access the information we hold about you. This will be completed 30 days of you asking for it – in some cases there is an administrative fee attached to the processing of information.
- Object to us processing your information. To receive any marketing materials to us, you will need to OPT-IN however if you are opted in and no longer want to be, you can use the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the email. If you are having any problems, please contact us.
- Complain to a regulator. If youre based in the EEA and think that we havent complied with the data protection laws, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner.
Your use of this website
- You must not use this website inappropriately or in contravention of any laws. In particular you agree not to distribute, upload or publish any material or files that might:
- be considered defamatory, inaccurate, threatening, offensive, indecent or calculated to incite hatred;
- constitute a breach of confidence, infringe copyright or any other intellectual property right, privacy or any other right of a third party; or
- contain viruses or other harmful features, programs or devices.
- You are responsible for the accuracy of any information you submit to the website.
- You agree to keep any password used on this website confidential. You agree that we will not be responsible for any activity on this site resulting from a third party gaining access to your password.
- All web site design, text, photography, graphics and their selection and arrangement, unless otherwise indicated, are Copyright © 2019 Roastbeef & Frog , all rights reserved.
- Trade marks used on this web site are the property of their respective owners. These trade marks are protected by law and you may not use these trademarks.
- You are not permitted to use any of our copyrighted material or trade marks in any way. If you do so without our written consent we will have a right of action against you in law for copyright and/or trade mark infringement and you must remove such material with immediate effect.
- You are not permitted to modify the content of this website in any way.
- Any links from this website to other sites are provided solely for your convenience. We are not responsible for the direct or indirect consequences of you linking to any other web site. We are not responsible for and have no control over the content of any external sites, and the provision of a link is not an endorsement of any other site or its contents.
- You may only create a link to this website on the basis that you link to the homepage and on the condition that you do not imply that we are endorsing any products or services other than our own, that you do not misrepresent your relationship with us or present any false information, you do not use any trade marks displayed on the Website without their owners’ express written permission, and your website does not contain material which is distasteful, offensive or infringes any rights of any person.
- We may alter this site and these terms, conditions and disclaimers at any time.
- We do not make any representation or give any warranty or other assurance (and all such warranties, terms and representations that might otherwise apply by operation of law, practice or otherwise are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted) as to:
- the operation, quality, timeliness, reliability, usefulness or functionality of this website or any information on this website;
- the availability of this website. Access to this Website may be interrupted, restricted or delayed for any reason and at any time (for example, to enable changes to be made);
- the compatibility or performance of this website with (or its effect on) your computer equipment;
- this website being free from errors, defects, viruses or other harmful features, programs or devices;
- the accuracy, completeness, suitability, timeliness or fitness for any particular purpose of any content on this website or accessed through a link on this website.
Limitation of liability
- We are not liable for and disclaim to the fullest extent permissible under any applicable law all liability and responsibility in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of this website for any amount or kind of loss, damage, expenses, costs or liability that you or any third party may suffer, including without limitation any direct, indirect, punitive, special or consequential loss or damage or any loss of income, profits, anticipated savings, goodwill or data whether arising in tort, contract, operation of law or otherwise. This limitation does not apply to your purchase of products via this website, which is governed by our Sale Terms.
- If any of these terms and conditions would otherwise be held invalid, the invalid term or condition shall be interpreted as applicable only to the extent permitted without being invalid and the remainder of the terms and conditions shall not be affected.
- These terms and this disclaimer and any claim based on use of information from this web site shall be governed by the laws of France and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Annecy, France.